Skills & Experience
My goal is to use my passions to create solutions for a variety of challenging projects—and to have fun doing it!
- Eye-in-the-sky brainstorming with a watchmaker’s attention to detail.
- Love setting up photoshoots—keen eye for scouting locations, work well with photographers of different styles, and mindful to keep the client happy with the results.
- Work well with constraints to produce the best results for the project.
- Over a decade of experience designing for Web, print, & identity projects.
- Comfortable (and enjoy) writing copy & headlines.
- Manipulate and illustrate in Adobe Photoshop.
- Superb bézier penmanship in Adobe Illustrator.
- Use Textmate and LESS (for CSS) as the dynamic duo to hand code Web sites.
- Proficient with a wealth of other apps relevant to the work, such as Flash, Acrobat, Fetch, etc.
- Master of Drupal (CMS) and Wordpress
- Integrated Web apps into projects, such as Wufoo, Google Analytics & Maps, Flickr, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Twitter, & Facebook.
- Finger on the pulse of the Mobile Web.
- Constantly learning by seeking out new mentors, new sources of education, including books, video tutorials, day camps, and good old Googling a topic.
- Graduated from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh with an Associates Degree in Visual Communications and took a variety of classes at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Williams Randall Marketing (July 2011 to present) as Senior Online Art Director.
- University of Pittsburgh University Marketing Communications (May 2000 to June 2011) as a print designer & manager at first, then a Web designer/developer.
- Creative Printing & Graphics, Inc. (October 1997 to June 2000) as a designer and electronic prepressperson.